Our general purpose fill sand is a natural, unprocessed blend of dirt, clay and sand. It consists of small loose grains of worn or disintegrated rock, with grains ranging between 0.06 and 2.00mm in diameter.
Fill sand compacts well, so it’s primarily used as a base material for concrete, or to fill large holes and excavations. It contains no organic matter, so a layer of topsoil must be added if and subsequent planting is to take place.
Cost-effective and versatile, fill sand is ideally suited for:
• Backfilling deep holes and trenches
• Pipe bedding in backfilled trenches
• Under paving concrete slabs
• Creating a compact layer for future building works
• General filling where no future growth is required, and where processed soils would be too expensive
For a free quote on how much fill sand you’ll need for your project, get in touch and let us know your requirements in terms on length, width, and depth.